Sunday 9 June 2013

Ibiza - Weddings and Fun Times

 The last two weeks have been both immense and mental. A slightly stupid yet brilliant mix up of when we were meant to get our flight home meant an extended stay on one of my most favourite islands in Europe - Ibiza. If you've been there you know what I'm talking about, if you haven't, you are missing a trick. Don't be put off by the party culture label it's gained over the years, there are many layers to this small hedonistic island, each visit allows you to discover that bit more and fall deeper in love with it.


This visit to the island actually had a purpose - a wedding. 
After this experience I think everyone should get married abroad, it was one of the most amazing experiences and I had the most laughs I think one person can cope with.
With a catalyst of blunders, me and the hubby managed to get through our time there - he forgot his whole outfit for the wedding day (queue expensive shopping trip), missing our flight home by a day (queue major embarrassment), checking in for our flight online and using my married name instead of maiden name as per passport (queue doh!) it's amazing we made it there and back in one piece!

With a few failed shopping trips for an outfit I finally nabbed a bargain on ASOS Marketplace from a favourite vintage boutique of mine, Annie and the Mannequins (check them out here). A cute peach and white polka dot strappy number. It went down a treat. I don't know about you but I always find it tricky to get an outfit for weddings that a) i like b) don't cost the earth c) I'll wear again d) I feel comfortable in. Quite a tricky  list of requirements and looking back at some other weddings I've been too,  not sure I've manage to nail this. But this dress not only made me feel happy, I think it was perfect for a warm, sunny day.









A dressing up box made for entertainment during the night, definitely recommend these - hours of fun. Yes we are still all kids really, easily pleased!






After the fun and frolics of the wedding we got to experience seeing more of Ibiza, here are some of my fave places, both from this trip and previous ones;


Bora Bora - Playa D'en Bossa
No trip is complete without a visit to the infamous party beach. No where near as good as it used to be, it's still worth a visit, more so because of the history behind this. Once upon a time this is where party goers ventured for an upbeat day on the beach, now the tightened music laws means the party is delayed until 4pm...


Selena's Beach - South of the Island
For the older crew who once partied on Bora Bora, this up market but still with a party atmosphere and fine dining would be more up your street.


Space - Playa D'en Bossa
Are you a raver, clubber, lover of music? Space is one of the better clubs on the island, in my opinion. With its quirky outside area and different rooms, there are plenty of nooks to investigate over a few, rather expensive, cocktails.



Pacha - Ibiza Town
Not a raver per se but more of a glam pussy cat? Head to Pacha, anyone who's anyone is found here, whether you are visiting their restaurant or sitting outside watching dancers, somehow, dance in over-sized cocktails glasses, sloshing about in soapy water, this club is very pleasing on the eye.


Beach Babylon - Santa Eulalia
I just discovered this restaurant and it has gone straight to the top of my fave restaurant lists. With cool reggae beats played in the back ground, you can feast on mouth watering food whilst watching the sun set. Or grab a cocktail(obviously all these places serve drinks other than cocktails, I'm clearly obsessed) and sit on the bean bags and admire the view - idyllic!



Cafe Mambo - San Antonio
The cool kids come here to cheer the sun set. The atmosphere is sublime, you feel like you're one big happy family all sharing a special moment in life.


Ibiza Town
Filled to the brim with amazing restaurants, cool bars that line the harbour and boutique shops offer those last minute purchases should you choose to do so.

I could go on all day.....

Have you been here, where are your fave places to visit, eat, drink, dance and be merry?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your messages.
I'll try to reply to as many of you as possible and will take a look at your lovely blogs too!

Quirky Pretty Thingz