Tuesday 16 April 2013

Celeb Crush - Alexa Chung




Another Front Row Appearance!

Vivienne Westwood Show 2009

Effortless Chic, with THE Mulberry bag




This is how to wear a Burberry Trench

DJ Extraordinaire

Tuxedo Chic


Effortless


Festival Cool

 

We all have those certain people who really make us think, 'I want to look like that'. So I thought I would start a monthly feature of who inspires me in the world of fashion. 
Now, predictable I know, but I thought I'd start with the one and only Alexa Chung. I'm sorry but let's get the obvious out the way. Putting it plainly - she is too cool for skool!
Every time I see a photo of this woman she makes me feel almost inadequate as a human being, I mean how can one person get it right and look so darn good ALL the time. She rocks the quirky cool vibe, from cute dresses with brogues, denim cut off shorts with stripey tee's to a staple Burberry trench coat. She oozes sophistication & effortless chic with a cutesy girly twist, whilst still making you want to befriend her rather than starting a hate campaign. Queue mini curtsey.

From catwalk queen for Vivienne Westwood, champion of Chanel loveliness, Mulberry's fashion icon (well they did name a bag after her, the 'Alexa' - how can you forget), Burberry's coolest DJ and a quirky tv presenter, she boats an impress CV to date. Anyone who gets credit from the world's MOST influential woman in fashion - Anna Wintour (gasp) I think its fair to say she can do, and has done, no wrong.
 So what is her sercet? Simplicity is key. She never 'over does' a trend. Simple casual pieces are vamped up with statement trilby hats or key leather jacket. She has mastered the red carpet look by not succumbing to the over the top ensemble's we so often see. Simple dresses and non fussy footwear means she always looks impeccable. Simple really is the way forward, less fuss more fashion. No wonder she is papped on almost every front row worthy of being spotted at on both sides of the Atlantic. 

Alexa Chung, we salute you!

Thanks for reading my blog x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your messages.
I'll try to reply to as many of you as possible and will take a look at your lovely blogs too!

Quirky Pretty Thingz